By: Diana Ross, co-founder of E-RYT 500 from Breast Cancer Yoga.
Alternating the Arm Across Chest Twist and Flow Yoga Pose for Breast Cancer Recovery is a fun and fluid moving twist. The flowing yoga pose can create a distinct feeling of calm and at the same time increase blood flow to the entire chest region and arms.
- Start on your back with your knees bent and feet / legs in BUTTERFLY POSE.
- INHALE, extend arms in T-position, place a small pillow or folded blanket under your head (this allows the shoulders to relax).
- EXHALE, right arm to left arm (hand over hand), then slowly bring right knee to left knee.
- INHALE, right arm back to T and right knee back to BUTTERFLY.
- EXHALE, left arm to right arm, then slowly bring left knee to right knee.
- BREATH IN, left arm back in T-position and left knee back in BUTTERFLY.
- Keep flowing alternately back and forth. Make sure the legs are delayed so the rotation is deliberate and meaningful.
- When you are ready to EXHALE on your right side, then INHALE just your left arm back into the T position and hold the rotation upright for 5 breaths.
- INHALE, return to BUTTERFLY, and repeat on the other side.
Practice flowing restorative yoga Movement and a steady pace of breathing restore strength and increase both energy and flexibility. Breast cancer yoga is said to arouse positive emotions, build self-confidence and relieve depression. As we continue to practice this flowing yoga, we become open to a higher realization of everything and everyone around us. Our world is expanding and there is greater acceptance of “what is”.
To experience the benefits of yoga for breast cancer, it is important that you begin with simple, gentle yoga movements. You should also consult a doctor before starting yoga practice. It is also necessary that you follow a yoga diet, consisting primarily of a vegetarian diet, in order to improve the benefits of yoga.
Diana Ross:: E-RYT 500 rEstorative yoga teacher, survivor who cares and founder of Breast Cancer Yoga. Diana makes a difference Breast Cancer Yoga therapeutic Products Designed to help you emotionally and physically with breast cancer. We want to give you the attention and personal service you need. If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.