New York, April 23, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – Reportlinker.com announces the release of Small Cell Lung Cancer – Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2029 – https://www.reportlinker.com/p06066615/?utm_source = GNW
The approval and introduction of immune checkpoint inhibitors in combination with chemotherapy in the ES-SCLC setting has finally introduced a novel therapeutic approach for an indication that has been dominated by the use of generic chemotherapy for decades. Despite a small (but significant) improvement in clinical outcomes for patients, the introduction of IO represents a welcome change in the treatment paradigm.
Other important catalysts are the withdrawal of Opdivo and Keytruda from the indication and the recent introduction of Zepzelca and Cosela into the treatment paradigm. Despite the introduction of new entrants, there are significant opportunities for multiple patient populations and multiple lines of therapy for research and development. The analyst expects 10 pipeline agents to be launched via the 8MM (the majority in China) in the forecast period 2019-2029. The SCLC market is projected to grow to $ 2.4 billion by 2029, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.9%.
This report covers opportunities for various marketed agents and pipeline agents in development across 8MM, clinical and commercial evaluations for agents in late clinical development, R&D strategies, and innovative development approaches for SCLC. This edition updates the previous sales forecast for marketed and pipeline agents and highlights expected market dynamics by country and therapy class over the forecast period 2019-2029.
– Key drivers of growth include the expected approval and launch of 10 pipeline therapies (most of which will be launched in China) and better market access for active ingredients with premium prices above € 8 million
– One of the main obstacles to the growth of the 8MM is the lack of predictive biomarkers, leading to a lack of targeted approaches in the treatment paradigm
A shift in the treatment paradigm from using inexpensive generic chemotherapy to a mix of chemotherapy / IO, which comes at a higher cost
– The main unmet needs in the SCLC market are: Limited understanding of the underlying SCLC biology, a lack of effective treatments as a consequence, especially in the relapsed / refractory setting
IMPORTANT QUESTIONS ANSWERED
– As of 2019, 10 late-stage pipeline agents will enter the SCLC market. Will the impact of these agents be on the market? Which of these drugs will have the highest peak sales and why?
– What are the current unmet requirements in SCLC, which pipeline agents are positioned to counter these unmet requirements? What are the opportunities for R&D?
– What is the market outlook for the 8MM from 2019 to 2029? In view of the large patent expiries, the introduction of new active ingredients at premium prices and the expected label extensions.
– What are the main company trends? Who are the current and future players?
– Overview of SCLC, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment guidelines.
Topline SCLC Market revenue, annual therapy expenses, and key sales of pipeline products over the forecast period.
– Key topics covered include current treatment and pipeline therapies, unmet needs and opportunities, and the drivers and barriers affecting sales of SCLC therapeutics in the 8MM space.
– Pipeline Analysis: Comprehensive data broken down into different phases, emerging new trends in the development and detailed analysis of late-stage drugs in the pipeline (Phase III).
– To analyze the current and future market competition in the global SCLC Market. Insightful review of key industry drivers, restraints, and challenges. Each trend is examined independently to allow a qualitative analysis of its impact.
Reasons to buy
With the report you can –
– Develop and draft your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies. Use a detailed overview of current pipeline products and technologies to identify companies with the most robust pipelines.
– Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global SCLC therapeutics market.
– Increase your sales by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies that are expected to impact the global SCLC market in the future.
– Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and analyzing the performance of different competitors.
– Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and develop effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
– Track drug sales in the global SCLC Therapeutics Market from 2019 to 2029.
– Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that offer maximum opportunities for consolidation, investment and strategic partnerships.
Read the full report: https://www.reportlinker.com/p06066615/?utm_source=GNW
Via report linker
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you can get all the market research you need in one place, instantly.